Procurement Officer – Vacancy
Closing Date 1st December 2017
Cameron Butcher Group Ltd, is a forward thinking, innovative and expanding construction company based in the heart of the West Midlands. Due to the continued success of our new business development team, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement professional to join the team. The goal is simple, to deliver an excellent service ensuring that all goods and services are procured for the right price, in the right timeframe and in line with production requirements.
As a Birmingham based company, you will be based at our Spaghetti Junction head office and will be expected to cover:
- Procurement Jobs in Birmingham
- Procurement Jobs in Walsall
- Procurement Jobs in West Midlands
- Procurement Jobs in Coventry
Specific Job Responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist;
- Assist in the development of procurement activity that maximise value for the business.
- Providing cost estimating in support of bid development work.
- Provide support, as directed by the project management team and MD, on all Procurement and Supply chain activities and deliverables.
- Manage the performance of key suppliers, using appropriate metrics, to improve performance.
- Provide feedback to the operational leadership on the performance and capabilities of key suppliers.
- Implement sourcing and supplier management initiatives to deliver against the Value Plan.
- Monitor and report progress against the plans on a monthly basis.
- Conduct market engagement, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and contract award activities to meet the requirements of the business.
- Conduct tactical negotiation to agree the most competitive arrangements, whilst meeting the operational need.
- Work closely with the Bid Team to ensure that supplier information and pricing is provided in a timely manner to meet Bid requirements.
- Where appropriate, contribute to the design of the supply chain solution for Bids.
- Establish, maintain and update supply chain database with service providers, material suppliers and labour.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with operational stakeholders across the business.
- Be a visible ‘champion’ for procurement.
- Contribute to Strategic Sourcing initiatives.
Personal Specification of the Procurement Specialist;
- Proven Procurement experience is not essential but preferred.
- Understanding of JCT contracts.
- Experience of working within the construction Industry preferred but not essential.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments within the business.
This role would suit an individual with previous experience in the following roles; Project Buyer, Senior Buyer, Supplier Manager, Procurement Lead, Construction Estimator, Construction Surveyor, Building Surveyor
Applications can also be made by post and should be marked for the attention of Laura McCaugherty, Ref Procurement Role. (address below).