Hearsall Community Academy
Welcome to the information pages for Hearsall Community Academy & Nursery and thank you for showing an interest in the project.
Situated on Kingston Road, this beautiful Edwardian Grade 2 listed building is home to 375 pupils, 51 staff and is a thriving part of the community.
Internal Refurbishment Schools
Over time, all buildings require some degree of maintenance as well as upgrades to meet new building regulations and/or fire regulations. The very nature of a school is such that it gets a little more wear and tear than your typical high rise city office. On carrying out a full survey of the building and after working very closely with the architectural team at IDP Group in Coventry, the local authority in conjunction with the school put together a scheduled program of works that would span two phases over 2017 & 2018.
- Extensive work to the basement which was experiencing water ingress through both the floor and walls requiring tanking, you can learn about the tanking system used here.
- Repairs/replacing fire doors throughout the school where needed.
- Upgrades to fireproofing where needed.
- New fire alarm system installed.
- New Fire rated steel shutter installed to the front of the canteen.
- Repairs to roof (weather permitting)
- Installation of new heating system
We are pleased to be working with the school. The current upgrades, maintenance and repairs will secure the comfort and well-being of everyone that uses the building for years to come.
Steven Butcher MD
The internal refurbishment of schools is an area we have specialised in for many years, and with all trades under one roof including our team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, we anticipate that the project will go to the program.
All tradespeople involved with the project employed or as subcontractors will have experience of working in a live school environment, have valid CSCS cards and will be DBS checked.
All works are carried out within the school boundary and other than the roof, within the school building itself. As such we anticipate no disruption to the surrounding area.
We would like to assure everyone that Health & Safety is of paramount importance to us and all measures will be taken to keep the site safe and the surrounding environment clean and free from site debris and dust.
3rd November 2017 – With work well under way, the team are currently involved with the following works:
- The Basement – The tanking to the basement is almost complete with membrane to the walls and floor in place and floor screed laid.
- Fire Doors – Repairs and/or replacement of fire doors is well under way
- Fire proofing – Work is well underway
- Heating System – During this phase we are installing the risers in preparation for the new heating installation next year.
Pictures are available in the gallery.